My mother recently gave me The Looneyspoons Collection for my birthday and I’ve been absolutely LOVING it! Expect most of my upcoming posts to come from Janet and Greta.
Eggs for dinner!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced red onions
- 1 tsp mined garlic
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped mushroom
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 8 large eggs lightly beaten (feel free to use egg whites)
- 1/2 cup crumbled light feta cheese (57g)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a 10-inch non-stick frying pan (make sure you have a cover to fit it). Add onions and garlic and sauté until onions soften (about 2 mintes). Add red bell pepper, zucchini and mushrooms and cook until tender (about 5 minutes). Stir in oregano and thyme and cook for another minute.
- Reduce heat to low and pour in beaten eggs. Add salt and pepper and sprinkle feta cheese evenly over the top. Cover and let cook for about 10 minutes. Make sure you check the progress part way through – I didn’t have my heat up high enough to start so it didn’t cook after 10 minutes.
- After cooked through, remove from heat and serve hot.
Makes 4 servings. Per serving:
Protein 15 g