Turkey tacos are a definite go-to meal for me when I don’t have a ton of time or I’m exhausted from a long day. Super quick to whip up and insanely delicious for the effort.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 package ground turkey (about 200 g)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup medium salsa
- Warm olive oil over medium heat in medium frying pan.
- Saute onions for 2 minutes. Add ground turkey and chili powder, and cook until no longer pink, breaking up large chunks.
- Add black beans and medium salsa, cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve over whole wheat tortillas, topped with greek yogurt, sliced red peppers, sliced avocado, cheddar cheese, tobasco, or anything you like!
Makes 2 large servings.
Per serving (excluding tortilla and garnishes):
Protein 26 g