More of a chocolate cake than a bread, but hey, who says cake can’t be healthy?
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat, oat or spelt flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar (or white if that’s what you have)
- 1 tsp stevia
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup packed, grated zucchini
- 1/4 cup 70% cocoa dark chocolate chips
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk together sugar, stevia, eggs, applesauce, oil and vanilla. Stir in zucchini.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, folding mixture until moist. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into 8″ x 4″ loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 50 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in pan, remove and let cool on rack before slicing. Enjoy!
Makes 10 servings.
Carbs 13 g
Fat 6 g
Sugar 9 g
Protein 3 g
Fibre 3 g