Yum yum yum, this dinner was a total winner. I’m not sure it gets much healthier or nutrient-packed than salmon, kale and edamame.
- 1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 hoisin sauce (look for an MSG-free variety)
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 boneless skinless salmon fillets
- Whisk together orange juice, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger, orange zest and pepper flakes in a small bowl.
- Place salmon and marinade in a large ziplock bag, seal and turn to coat salmon in marinade.
- Refrigerate salmon for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare salad (below) while fish marinates.
- Remove salmon from refrigerator and arrange on baking sheet sprayed in oil. Broil fish on high for 8 minutes.
- Serve over salad and enjoy!
Makes 4 servings.
Per serving (salmon only): 253 calories, 11 g carbs, 9 g fat, 29 g protein, 1 g fibre
Massaged Kale & Edamame Salad
I will add though that I forgot to add the 1 tbsp of sweetener (agave) and found the dressing really didn’t need it, which is perfect in my opinion, as I’m not a fan of agave for health reasons – it being hard on the liver and linked to cardiovascular disease.