This is quite possibly the most delicious dinner I’ve made – though it might be a tie with Mexican lasagna, which will be posted soon – AND it’s vegetarian!
- 1 cup large flake oats
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium eggplants
- olive oil cooking spray
- 3 cups pasta sauce (low sodium if possible)
- 1 cup shredded light mozzarella
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- Combine oats, parmesan and basil in a shallow bowl or deep plate.
- Beat eggs with a fork in another shallow bowl or deep plate.
- Cut each eggplant into 8 round slices.
- Dip each eggplant round into the egg and then press it into the oat mixture, coating both sides.
- Place coated eggplant rounds onto a baking sheet sprayed in olive oil. Spray tops of eggplant rounds.
- Bake eggplant at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes, turning and spraying with olive oil half way through.
- Assemble lasagna by spooning 1 cup pasta sauce over bottom of 9″ x 13″ casserole dish. Follow by half the eggplant rounds, another cup of pasta sauce, half the mozzarella and repeat.
- Sprinkle parsley on top and bake for 20 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, plate and enjoy!
Makes 8 servings.
Per serving: 205 calories, 24 g carbs, 8 g fat, 12 g protein, 5 g fibre