Last night the girls came over for brunch… though it was dinnertime… so really it was brinner, or a dunch… whatever it was, it was darn delicious. We had a super fun time cooking, catching up and sharing healthy secrets. Sophia in particular brought over these amazing gluten-free brownies made from black eyed peas, which I will definitely be trying out in my own kitchen in the near future. My contributions to the evening were banana apple pumpkin muffins and these roasted red pepper egg cups – a total experiment that turned out beautifully. The roasted red peppers softened right up and caramelized into a certain sweetness that complimented the savoury attributes of the onions, spinach, egg and cheese.
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 4 whole eggs (or 8 egg whites)
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut peppers in half height-wise, seed and arrange on baking sheet covered in aluminum foil.
- Crack an egg into each half.
- Top with onions, spinach, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
Makes 4 servings.
Per serving: 119 calories, 7 g carbs, 3 g sugar, 7 g fat, 9 g protein, 2 g fibre
Along with our delectable eggs we enjoyed this beautiful fruit salad compliments of Sophia and a fresh batch of gluten-free Banana Apple Pumpkin Muffins.