Hot summer days call for light summer salads! We were totally craving Mexican food yesterday to go along with all the heat, but figured we’d replace the carbs from the fajita tortilla shells with a couple of Coronas 🙂
- 2 chicken breasts (450 g)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 10 drops tabasco sauce
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 cup sliced white mushrooms
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 60 g light feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- Slice chicken into long strips.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in large frying pan.
- Add chicken strips and stir until all sides are cooked, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, add in chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, oregano, cayenne, pepper and tabasco.
- Add bell pepper, onion and mushrooms. Stir and cook until vegetables soften. Remove from heat.
- Divide baby spinach among serving plates and top with chicken and veggies, followed by avocado, feta and cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedge on the side and enjoy!
Makes 4 servings.
Per serving: 386 calories, 18 g carbs (4 g sugar), 14 g fat, 43 g protein, 8 g fibre , 334 mg sodium