Here’s another treat I made for the baby shower last weekend. Love that these are no-bake and totally remind me of chewy chocolate puffed-wheat squares, but coconutty and with a little more fibre. With only 69 calories per cluster, you can have a couple without feeling the least bit guilty.
I used sweetened coconut flakes, but I think you could get away with the unsweetened variety – these clusters were sweet enough!
- 2 cups coconut palm sugar
- 6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup 2% evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine (I like butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Mix sugar, cocoa powder, milk, butter and vanilla in a medium pot.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly.Bring to a boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in oats and coconut.
- Use a 1 1/2 tbsp to spoon clusters onto a baking sheet lined in parchment. Leave as messy clusters or shape to your desire.
- Let cool in the fridge for 30 minutes and enjoy!
Makes about 50 clusters.
Per cluster: 69 calories, 12 g carbs, 2 g fat, 1 g protein, 1 g fibre