This was one of those use up the leftovers in your fridge kind of stir frys. I wanted to keep it really light and low-calorie as I had eaten about half a Terry’s Chocolate Orange (thanks for nothing, Mom) yesterday afternoon and was feeling pretty guilty…
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 2 baby bok choy, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 lemon
- pepper to taste
- Cut chicken breast into bite size pieces and cook in olive oil over medium heat until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger and leeks and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add bok choy and peppers and cook until softened.
- Turn heat off, squeeze in lemon juice and grind in pepper (I like to hammer it with TONS of pepper).
- Serve over quinoa, rice or any other grain you like!
Makes 2 servings.
Per serving: 293 calories, 21 g carbs (8 g sugar), 11 g fat, 30 g protein, 3 g fibre