- 1 1/4 cup large flake oats
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon stevia powder
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 ripe medium banana, peeled and mashed
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 egg whites (or 1 whole egg)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 green apple, chopped
- 2 tbsp orange zest (optional)
- Grind oats into a flour in a food processor.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix all wet ingredients, expect for chopped apple and orange zest, in a medium bowl.
- Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and stir until moist. Fold in apples.
- Distribute batter into 12 silicone muffin cups or muffin tin. Sprinkle with orange zest.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!
Makes 12 servings.
Per serving: 143 calories, 22 g carbs, 10 g sugar, 6 g fat, 4 g protein, 3 g fibre